- The middle of the Costco store is full of toys
- One can find Egg Nog in their local dairy case
- The Hallmark Channel goes to Holiday Movies 24/7
- Sirius/FM starts their Holiday music stations
- There are those car commercials that show cars in the snow with a Big Red bow on top.
- Christmas Trees arrive at Lowe's (the local stands come much later with fresher trees)
- There is a display of Claxton fruit cakes in the grocery store.
- You see colorful lights on that one house in the neighborhood that is always decorated first
- You cannot watch TV with seeing a Toy-r-Us commercial.
- And the tree arrives at Rockefeller Center.
Monday, November 14, 2016
All that is left is the Big Red Bow and the Trees
I have opined about the Season Noel creeping in before Halloween. However now that Halloween is in the rear view mirror, we are about to enter full Holiday Mode. We haven't yet reached warp speed but we are definitely in second gear.
Here is my check list of things that once checked off, it's all over but the arrival of the Big man himself.
By my count I am at 8 out of 10. The engine is revving and we just hit 3rd gear.